In general, the following documents are required:
- Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance.
- Affidavit of Support (I-864, I-864A, I-864 EZ, or I-864W, as appropriate) from the petitioner/U.S. sponsor.
- Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application.Preview a sample DS-260 (6.4MB).
- Two (2) 2×2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements.
- Civil Documents for the applicant. See Documents the Applicant Must Submit for more specific information about documentation requirements, including information on which documents may need to be translated. The consular officer may ask for more information during your visa interview. Bring your original civil documents (or certified copies) such as birth and marriage certificates, as well as legible photocopies all original civil documents, and any required translations to your immigrant visa interview.
- Completed Medical Examination Forms – These are provided by the panel physician after you have completed your medical examination and vaccinations.
Fees are charged for the following services:
- Filing an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 (this fee is charged by USCIS).
- Processing an immigrant visa application, Form DS-260 (see Note below)
- Medical examination and required vaccinations (costs vary)
- Other costs may include: translations; photocopying charges; fees for obtaining the documents you need for the immigrant visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.); and expenses for travel to the U.S. embassy or consulate for your visa interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
Most Comment Visa Types to The U.S.A.
- Tourism and Visit Visa to the U.S.A.
- Family-Based Immigrant Visas to the U.S.A.
- Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S.A. Citizen
- Employment-Based Immigrant Visa to the U.S.A.
- Student Visa to the U.S.A.
- Business Visa to the U.S.A.
- Temporary Worker Visas to the U.S.A.
- Treaty Trader & Investor Visa to the U.S.A.
- Transit Visa to the U.S.A.
- Non-immigrant Visa for Spouse and Children of Resident to the U.S.A.
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé to the U.S.A.
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse to the U.S.A.
- Border Crossing Card Visa to the U.S.A.
- Crew Member Visa to the U.S.A.
- Exchange Visitor Visa to the U.S.A.
- Only Transitional Worker Visa to the U.S.A.
- Returning Resident Visas to the U.S.A.
- Immigrant Visas for Iraqi and AfghanTranslators to the U.S.A.
- Temporary Religious Worker Visa to the U.S.A.
- Diplomats and Foreign Government Officials Visas to the U.S.A.
- International Organizations & NATO Employees Visas to the U.S.A.
- Visas for Victims of Criminal Activity to the U.S.A.
- Visas for Victims of Human Trafficking to the U.S.A.