- Consult with business associates
- attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
- settle an estate
- negotiate a contract
Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:
- Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States, unless exempt by country-specific agreements (PDF – 57 KB). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
- Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview.
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
Additional Documentation May Be Required
Review the instructions for how to apply for a visa on the website of the embassy or consulate where you will apply. Additional documents may be requested to establish if you are qualified. For example, additional requested documents may include evidence of:
- The purpose of your trip;
- Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or
- Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.
Most Comment Visa Types to The U.S.A.
- Tourism and Visit Visa to the U.S.A.
- Family-Based Immigrant Visas to the U.S.A.
- Immigrant Visa for a Spouse of a U.S.A. Citizen
- Employment-Based Immigrant Visa to the U.S.A.
- Student Visa to the U.S.A.
- Business Visa to the U.S.A.
- Temporary Worker Visas to the U.S.A.
- Treaty Trader & Investor Visa to the U.S.A.
- Transit Visa to the U.S.A.
- Non-immigrant Visa for Spouse and Children of Resident to the U.S.A.
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé to the U.S.A.
- Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse to the U.S.A.
- Border Crossing Card Visa to the U.S.A.
- Crew Member Visa to the U.S.A.
- Exchange Visitor Visa to the U.S.A.
- Only Transitional Worker Visa to the U.S.A.
- Returning Resident Visas to the U.S.A.
- Immigrant Visas for Iraqi and AfghanTranslators to the U.S.A.
- Temporary Religious Worker Visa to the U.S.A.
- Diplomats and Foreign Government Officials Visas to the U.S.A.
- International Organizations & NATO Employees Visas to the U.S.A.
- Visas for Victims of Criminal Activity to the U.S.A.
- Visas for Victims of Human Trafficking to the U.S.A.