Working visa is an authorization of the designated country/countries of destination within the Schengen Area issued to the citizens of countries that have mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen Zone for the sole purpose of traveling in the designated Schengen country/countries in order to engage in a working activity commonly ordained by the Company Institution inside the Schengen Zone. The holder of this type of visa is not required to have the citizenship of the designated country in order to be working for a Company Institution in the Schengen Area as well as reside alone or with his/her family in the designated Schengen country.
Who needs a Working Schengen Visa?
Citizens of the USA, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, as well as EU citizens may apply for their residence permit after entering the Schengen territory without a visa.
Citizens of other countries must apply and get a residence permit before entering the Schengen territories for work purposes. This option is also available to the citizens of the countries who could otherwise enter without a visa first.
What documentation is required?
First of all, one must download the application form from the internet and fill it completely and sincerely. You can electronically fill in the form for a Schengen Visa and print it out.
- One photo is to be attached; the photo must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photo must be recently taken.
- The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- One must have a copy of the flight reservation for the time intended to be traveling. It is not recommendable to buy the ticket before getting the visa, if not necessary.
- The travel medical insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one’s native country due to medical motives. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries. The health insurance policy must be purchased before picking up the visa and if your visa is refused you can cancel it!
- Attention, two application forms must be filled
- Proof of Accommodation
- The employment contract between the applicant and the future employer residing in the Schengen territory.
Depending on the embassy/consulate that you will be applying to, they might require additional documents to assure the request and the information are genuine, as for example, some embassies/consulates require a certificate that proves you have no legal issues pending or a criminal record. As you must personally hand the documentation at the previously made appointment (as usually it is required), the person in charge at the embassy/consulate will notify you if there is any additional documentation needed and the nature of that documentation.Most Comment Schengen Visa Types
- Business Schengen Visa to Europe
- Visiting Relatives/Friends to Europe
- Student Schengen Visa to Europe
- Tourist Schengen Visa to Europe
- Working Schengen Visa to Europe
- Transit Schengen Visa to Europe
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas to Europe
- National Visas to Europe
- Uniform Schengen Visas to Europe