Regarding the short-term visas, there are two types of a transit visa under the Uniform Schengen visa group destined for travelers who are passing by a Schengen member country in order to reach their final destination. A great range of travelers are not susceptible to this type of a visa, however, citizens of certain countries are obliged to obtain them.
Airport transit visa – “A” Category is destined for the travelers that have to stop and wait for several hours for their next flight, in the international transit area of the designated airport. However, if planned to wait overnight, these travelers cannot accommodate in any place else except the transit area, therefore accommodation in the city is off the limits.
Who needs a transit visa?
Normally, citizens of the following countries are obliged to obtain a transit visa when passing through the international transit area of any Schengen country airport:
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sri Lanka
Schengen Visa Fee
When applying for a Schengen visa there is a non-refundable mandatory visa fee every applicant must pay. The Schengen visa costs vary depending on the type of visa and age of the applicant as well as some other exceptions stated below in the text. The Schengen visa fee can be paid in the designated consulate/embassy via cash, debit or credit card. However, some consulates may not allow you to pay by credit card.
The Schengen visa costs include the visa fee and the service fee, payable at the corresponding embassy/consulate when applying. Again, in case the visa is denied there is no refund of the money paid.
The regular Visa fee (in Euro)
- Airport transit visa 60.00 EUR
- Short stay Schengen visa, less than 90 days 60.00 EUR
- Long stay visa, more than 90 days 99.00 EUR
The visa fee is 35 EUR for:
- Children between the age of 6 and below 12 years old.
- Nationals from, Georgia, Kosovo, Russia, and Ukraine.There is no visa fee for:
- Children under 6 years of age
- Pupils, students, postgraduates and the accompanying teachers who are traveling for the purpose of studying or educational training
- Researchers of the third-world countries traveling for the purpose of scientific research
- Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.
- Business Schengen Visa to Europe
- Visiting Relatives/Friends to Europe
- Student Schengen Visa to Europe
- Tourist Schengen Visa to Europe
- Working Schengen Visa to Europe
- Transit Schengen Visa to Europe
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas to Europe
- National Visas to Europe
- Uniform Schengen Visas to Europe