A tourist visa is an authorization of the designated country/countries of destination within the Schengen Area issued to the citizens of countries that have mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen Zone with the sole purpose of traveling in the designated Schengen country/countries for pleasure or on a visit to their relatives living in the Schengen Zone.
The holder of this type of visa is not required to have the citizenship of the designated country in order to spend time with their relatives or visiting the designated Schengen country, however, such an authorization has its limitations as well.
On a tourist visa, you are allowed to reside in the designated country for the maximum of 3 months/90 days unless the visa states differently, and you are not allowed to work for such a period of time unless the visa states differently.
Who needs a Schengen Visa?
Non-European citizens willing to travel to the Schengen Area are bound to apply for a short-term Schengen visa under “tourist” specification. Depending on the visa issued they may be allowed to enter once (single entry) or multiple times (multiple entries) and stay for no longer than 3 months 90 days per year in between the period of 6 months. Such a decision is made by the authorities depending on the nature of ones travel purpose and other relevant factors.
What documentation is required?
First of all, one must download the application form from the internet and fill it completely and sincerely. You can electronically fill in the form for a Schengen Visa and print it out.
- One photo is to be attached; the photo must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photo must be recently taken.
- The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- One must have a copy of the reservation of the return ticket for the time intended to be traveling. Find out how to get flight reservation for Visa Application.
- The travel visa insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one’s native country due to medical motives. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries. The health insurance policy must be purchased before picking up the visa and if your visa is refused you can cancel it!
- Proof of Accommodation.
- Business Schengen Visa to Europe
- Visiting Relatives/Friends to Europe
- Student Schengen Visa to Europe
- Tourist Schengen Visa to Europe
- Working Schengen Visa to Europe
- Transit Schengen Visa to Europe
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas to Europe
- National Visas to Europe
- Uniform Schengen Visas to Europe