Depending on the purpose of your travel to Portugal, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Portuguese Schengen Visa, accordingly.
General required documents for a Portuguese Visa Application:
- The Visa Application form must be fully completed and signed in the corresponding blanks. (We can provide it)
- 2 photos must be attached; the photos must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photos must be recently taken.
- The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. You can use the visa consultation services like this one. These guys can handle most of your visa requirements such as flight itineraries, hotel reservations along with free consultation over email. (We can provide it)
- The travel health insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one's native country due to medical motives. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries. The health insurance policy must be purchased before picking up the visa and if your visa is refused you can cancel it! (We can provide it)
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Schengen area. (We can provide it)
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence during the intended stay in the Schengen area. Varies from country to country.
- Better to have proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Portugal Visa Application:
Portugal Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Portugal Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Portuguese company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents.
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Portugal Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Portugal, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation.
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Portugal Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage.
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Portugal Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Portugal Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Portugal Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Portuguese citizen:
- Proof of Portuguese citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Portuguese nationality or naturalization order)
- Portuguese marriage certificate
- Portuguese family record book
Portugal Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Portugal Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Portuguese embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Most Comment Schengen Visa Types
- Business Schengen Visa to Europe
- Visiting Relatives/Friends to Europe
- Student Schengen Visa to Europe
- Tourist Schengen Visa to Europe
- Working Schengen Visa to Europe
- Transit Schengen Visa to Europe
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas to Europe
- National Visas to Europe
- Uniform Schengen Visas to Europe