Depending on the purpose of your travel to France, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different France Schengen Visa, accordingly.
General required documents for a France Visa Application:
- The Visa Application form must be fully completed and signed in the corresponding blanks. (We can provide it)
- 2 photos must be attached; the photos must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photos must be recently taken.
- The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Round trip reservation or itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area. You can use the visa consultation services like this one. These guys can handle most of your visa requirements such as flight itineraries, hotel reservations along with free consultation over email. (We can provide it)
- The travel health insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to one's native country due to medical motives. This health insurance policy has to cover expenses up to 30,000 euros, the sum depending on the residing days, and also it has to be valid in all Schengen countries. The health insurance policy must be purchased before picking up the visa and if your visa is refused you can cancel it! (We can provide it)
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Schengen area. (We can provide it)
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence during the intended stay in the Schengen area. Varies from country to country.
- Better to have proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
As the European Commission specifies, any foreigner seeking to enter France, since 19 June 2014, when applying for France Visa must be able attesting to the France Embassy or Consulate possessing the daily money amount of 120€ if holding no proof of prepaid accommodation. If the applicant has a prepaid hotel, then this amount reduces to 65€/daily for the period of covered hotel accommodation, while the rest is 120€. Also, in case the applicant proofs cheaper forms of accommodation the amount decreases to 32.25€/ day.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrolment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of the France Visa Application:
French Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
France Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the French company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
France Visa for Medical Purposes
France Visa for Medical Purposes is destined for foreigners who need to enter and stay in a French territory temporarily to get a medical treatment in a medical institution located in a French territory. Typically this visa type is issued to foreigners who cannot get the appropriate healthcare in their home country.
Please read: Application Requirements for a French Visa for Medical Purpose
France Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit, expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay in France
- Travel itinerary while in France
France Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay in France
- Place of accommodation in France
France Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrolment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
France Visa For The Wife/Husband of a French citizen:
- Proof of French citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of French nationality or naturalization order)
- French marriage certificate
- French family record book
French Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
For more detailed requirements, please read the following article “French Visa for Airport Transit“!
France Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the French embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
France Tech Visa (Available soon)
The French Tech Visa is part of the “Passport Talent ” scheme which was launched in 2016.
The French Tech Visa aims to attract foreign tech talents :
- Foreign start-up & scale-up founders and employees,
- Foreign talents joining a French start-up or scale-up,
- Foreign investors and business angels.
- Business Schengen Visa to Europe
- Visiting Relatives/Friends to Europe
- Student Schengen Visa to Europe
- Tourist Schengen Visa to Europe
- Working Schengen Visa to Europe
- Transit Schengen Visa to Europe
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas to Europe
- National Visas to Europe
- Uniform Schengen Visas to Europe