You can come to New Zealand as a visitor. During your stay, you’ll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application. While you’re here, you can enjoy New Zealand’s scenery, adventure, culture, and friendly people.
With this visa you can:
- Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
- Study for up to 3 months.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
How to apply for a visitor’s visa
You’ll need a visa to come to NZ if you’re from:
- a country not on the visa-waiver list.
- a country on the visa-waiver list and are staying for more than 3 months
- the UK and are staying for more than 6 months.
Check visa-waiver list here: https://www.govt.nz/browse/immigration-and-visas/applying-for-a-visitors-visa/visitors-visa/
The cost depends on your citizenship, the country you’re applying from and the type of visitor visa you need. You won’t get a refund if your application is denied.
You can pay by:
- bank cheque
- credit card (MasterCard or Visa)
- SWITCH card (UK only).
How to apply
You’ll need to provide:
- an online application or your completed visitor visa application (form number INZ 1017)
- 2 colour passport photos
- a passport that’s valid for at least 3 months after the date you plan to leave NZ
- a ticket out of NZ, or enough money to buy one
- proof you have enough money to live on while you’re in NZ. This means:
- NZD1000 per month
- NZD400 per month if you’ve already paid for your accommodation, or
- a completed Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (form number INZ 1025), if someone’s agreed to financially support you.
You’ll need to provide a medical certificate (form number INZ 1007) if you’ll be in NZ longer than 6 months but less than a year and you’ve ever:
- had a blood or plasma transfusion
- been exposed to an infectious disease like HIV or Hepatitis B or C
- used intravenous drugs.
You’ll need to provide a chest x-ray certificate (form number INZ 1096) if you’re from, or have spent more than 3 months in, any country not on the list of countries with low incidence of tuberculosis.
New Zealand Visa Types
- Visitor Visa to New Zealand
- Work Visa to New Zealand
- Visas for Partners & Children to New Zealand
- Study Visa to New Zealand
- Entrepreneur Visas to New Zealand
- Visas to Invest in New Zealand
- Citizenship Visa to New Zealand